Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Unbelievable!


I can't believe I am about to leave Haiti for the 2nd time. I am finally on the internet for a minute so wanted to at least post once from Haiti proper.

It has been a wonderful wonderful week and I am in awe of the great things I see. The people of Haiti are a strong lot. They are inspiring and always have a smile on their face. I have learned a lot from my time here.

This is my 2nd go-around and I feel I was more effective this time since I "know the ropes". There wasn't much of a learning curve so I could hop right in and get to work. The days were long but only 8am to 5:30pm each day so the evenings were free to visit the kids and paint some nails or hand out toys.

I admit I did go to the UN for dinner on Fri, Sat, Sun! It was a lot of fun and nice to be around everyone in a setting outside of camp. I lived in a tent with Sue out side of the main tent which was heaven! Except for the night it rained...more on that later.

I have lots of photos and lots of stories so stay tuned!

Goodbye from Haiti.
PS I am learning Creole!

No comments: