Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2010

ranting and raving then hoping for a good night's sleep


I don't begrudge anyone their religion. I am an equal opportunity type when it comes to religion but this news piece reared it's head again today along with a post on YouTube and I feel the need to give my two cents. The first bit is Pat Robertson saying that Haiti is cursed because of a pact with the Devil and the second bit is a video of the patients in Haiti at the Project Medishare/University of Miami Hospital tent singing Praises to God. It was a beautiful site for the eyes and the ears and the heart. I had the privilege of being there that night and words just cannot describe the feeling of being in my little tent outside of the hospital and hearing the sweet voices from within. Those voices beckoned us to come in and rejoice.

My French Creole isn't very good but I know my English. Right around 5:50 you can hear them sing in English, "God I praise you. God I praise you." Forgive me the sarcasm but does that sound like a pact with the Devil?

From the CBS news website: http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/13/crimesider/entry6092717.shtml

An excerpt from this piece: Pat Robertson, the American Christian televangelist and host of "The 700 Club," said that Haitians need to have a "great turning to god" while he was reporting on the devastating 7.0 earthquake that shook the island nation — the most powerful to hit the country in a century.

Robertson took to the airwaves Wednesday on his show and said that the country has been "cursed by one thing after another" since they "swore a pact to the devil."

"Something happened a long time ago in Haiti and people might not want to talk about," Robertson said Tuesday.

This is the link for the video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l7bc1b2B3Y

There is a gentleman in a blue shirt and hat in the video, his name is Joseph. I know you won't know exactly who I am talking about by looking but he's there and he's a good man. He worked as an interpreter for the adult hospital tent and he cared deeply about what he was doing. I miss him and our talks. God Bless you and your family Joseph I hope to see you again some day.

OK, stepping off of my box.

No comments: