Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

Full Moons and Shampoo


I have camped before, I have gone without baths and hot meals, no biggie. When we got to Haiti and settled we went straight to work and truth be told after 10 hours in the sun you can't smell yourself anymore so it's all good. I admit I went through a lot of baby wipes. The smell of baby powder will stay with me for a long time. Eventually though you want to take a shower just to relax and refresh.

I took my first shower on Tuesday night at midnight. I knew it was just cold water but I didn't care. I got my undies, jammies, soap, shampoo and towel and marched myself out to the shower. There are four shower stalls with plywood in between and a shower curtain. My shower was fairly uneventful once I got past the feeling of being exposed. I just enjoyed the water and the feeling of shampoo in my hair. I remember that night was the night before the full moon so the sky was beautiful. I also got a giggle from thinking, there's a full moon in the sky and a full moon right here in the next shower stall.

That was my only real shower for the week. On Thursday I wanted to take a shower but there was no water so I found a large gallon container of water and took a splash bath in the shower. THAT water was cold! I slept great that night.

This is a little boring because my shower scenes weren't thrilling but my friend Michelle had a funny story which she has given me permission to tell:

At camp there was a really good looking Dr.; he was from New Orleans and he was fun and laid back. Most of the time the men turned their back to the women in the shower to give a little privacy. That is the thought that you go in there with and the reason you can close your eyes to shampoo your hair and clean yourself with vigor.

Michelle was taking a much needed and much wanted shower enjoying the cool water when she felt someone looking at her. She turned around and the cute Dr. was staring over the plywood at her. She was startled and jumped back a little, eyes wide and embarrassed.

He smiled, winked and said, "Rock-n-Roll Baby!" and kept right on with his shower!

No comments: