Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Author's Note:

I don't write these stories to make less of what is a tragic situation, I write these stories to let the reader know about real people and real situations. Sometimes you have to laugh or you would be overwhelmed by the sadness. We were working in a hospital camp that is made of plywood and tents. We watched people in their last hours and held babies that no longer have parents. We heard the airplanes and helicopters 24/7 taking off and landing just 200 yards from where we were. We heard the crying and we heard the prayers. It was life changing. I'm no hero, I am just a person who felt/feels convicted to do her part and I have the time and family and friend's encouragement to go to Haiti and work. I want to write a blog about my experience and my feelings; what it is like as a lay person to go there and work and about the new friends I met while there. I can't wait to get back.

Peace & Love,
CJ

No comments: