Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

You Want Me To Pee Where?



Once we got in to the Project Medishare/University of Miami camp and put our bags away in the big tent the first question I had was, "Where's the toilet?" It had been a long morning already. Peggy (Who I'd met a mere few hours earlier) and I trooped right over to the other side of the wall, took one look at the "Ladies", shrugged and said, "I'll ignore any sounds you make if you ignore mine." And up we went on to the hole. And I do mean hole. I baby wiped the space and yes I did sit. Sometimes squatting isn't ..well, just isn't. Peggy and I bonded right then and there. Whoever built the potty put up a short wall on the base of the contraption to give some semblance of privacy but really at that point, who cares?

I knew two things right then and there: One: Any modesty I had left had flew the coop and Two: Peggy and I are bonded for life on a level that few people achieve.

Sitting there looking at the Mickey Mouse comforter that posed as a shield, listening to the trucks rumble by on the other side of the wall and hearing the generators roar behind us I knew this was going to be a week I'd never forget.

I do have to tell you - if there is in fact anyone reading this - that within a day there were several more porta potties which I was happy to frequent over the other choice. But if you ever meet someone and would like to bond, I know a place you can go.

1 comment:

vagabongurl said...

Your humor is just as funny on paper as in person!