Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hot hot hot today


Well, today was somewhat like sitting in a dry sauna for the entire day. BUT the group I am working with are so terrific and we do have a great time. AND the UN is here tonight to serve hamburgers and hot dogs, beer, soda, and chips. Would it be bad to have both a hamburger AND a hot dog??

So many things have changed around here. One thing I have noticed with each trip after January is the volunteer workers are more relaxed. A lot of parties on the nights that the UN comes to "town". Poker games and little groups of laughter, it's really nice. The only thing is there is no curfew so after 11 I get a little antsy with the noise. So far it's not too bad and it is nice to hear people laughing after seeing people crying in corners and taking a break to put their head down because they are sad. So laughter at night is good.

I went out to the living room area for the first time the other night. It's actually quite cozy. This place is reminding me more and more of a M*A*S*H episode every day.

Not much to report. I cannot believe it is already Wednesday. The time is really flying.

I'll get on tomorrow and try to come up with a story or two.

C

1 comment:

David Driscoll said...

Details please. Get on the group page and give us some.